Friday, July 1, 2011

Santouka Ramen

,
Think Japanese food and you'll easily come up with either sushi or ramen. The popularity of Japanese food in Singapore is clearly seen with the sheer number of japanese restaurants all over the island. For ramen, there is a keen competition among them as to who is the most authentic and who has got the better noodles or soup.


Sitting in a quiet little corner of Clark Quay central is one of the more popular ramen shops in Singapore, Santouka Ramen. With very simple interior of wooden chairs and tables all in a cosy setting, I am finally here to taste the ramen.


Ordered


Pork Cheek Ramen






This ramen is more expensive than the normal ramen; with the toppings of the ramen on a separate dish, possibly done so to differentiate it from the normal char siew ramen? The char siew in this order is made from the cheeks of the pig. This is something new to me as you normally hear places touting pork belly or loins but not the cheek. 


Love me tender~ Love me sweet~ Never let you go~




I now declare, I'm now a fan of pork cheeks now. These heavenly slices of  pork cheek char siew is just soo~ tender that I think just need my tongue and upper palette to separate them in my mouth. Me love pork cheek char siew behind my cheeks. It is definitely flavorsome but again, a select few might find it too salty. Pair it with the noodles and it should be fine.






I am raving so much about the meat that I almost forgot about the soup and noodle. Thick and rich soup base with the yellow noodles. I am going to crave this from time to time now! Highly recommended!


Score: 4.25/5.0


Santouka Ramen
The Central @ Clark Quay
#02-76

0 comments to “Santouka Ramen”

Post a Comment

 

TwKeats Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger